This neighborhood gathering place is located one block north of the Post Road at the Southwest corner of =William St. and Church St. The upper area contains playground equipment and the lower flat area is a ball field.
The Parks & Recreation Department supervises competitive games, arts & crafts classes, and beach bus trips. Parents enter in with neighborhood picnics, Flea Market sales, and games for the very young.
This was the site of the first St. Mary’s Church, built in 1860. Replaced with a new building on Greenwich Ave. in 1878, the old church was demolished in 1920, and the remains in the cemetery were moved to St. Mary’s cemetery on North Street. The Town formally purchased the property in 1953.
|Field Category||Field Name||Indoor/Outdoor||Public/Private||Description||Size||Type|
- Water Fountain
- Picnic Tables
- Offstreet Parking
Visited 42 times, 1 Visit today