The Mathilda-Welmering Parksite was purchased in 1960 and opened in 1961 with funds from the 1959 Bond Issue. The name of the park comes from the two adjacent streets. Mathilda Avenue was named for the daughter of Fred L. Kerth, who owned and subdivided the original farm here. Mathilda Kerth married Walter R. Anderson and died in 1958. James B. and Alta Z. Welmering owned the land south of the park and laid out Welmering Street between 1938 and 1940.
|Field Category||Field Name||Indoor/Outdoor||Public/Private||Description||Size||Type|
- Water Fountain
- Picnic Tables
Visited 57 times, 1 Visit today