Opened as a private spa in 1838, visitors to Bladon Springs traveled from all over the country to benefit from the “curing” properties of the park’s four mineral wells. In 1846, a large Greek Revival hotle was built to accomodate the influx of visitors. This health resort was once called the “Saratoga of the South” and remianed open through the Civil War. The State of Alabama purchased the property in 1934 and converted the location to a state park.
|Field Category||Field Name||Indoor/Outdoor||Public/Private||Description||Size||Type|
- Picnic Tables
Visited 72 times, 2 Visits today